Monday, December 29, 2008

Blackberry Chicken

I made crock-pot yumminess today. Now, it may not look yummy as the blackberries turned the chicken purple but I promise it was wonderful. Here's my recipe...

1 6.5 quart crockpot
4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 bag frozen blackberries
1 cup brown sugar
4 cloves of garlic - chopped
1 tsp rosemary
salt to taste

Put everything into the crockpot on low for 6 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked. It's going to turn purple, but it's going to taste delicious. The chicken is very tender mixed with the sweetness from the berries and brown sugar. The berries also add a wonderful texture. If you'd like it to have a little spicy punch you could add a little ginger, or my friend Jenn said she thought it would be good with a little white wine. I was however working in a house low on groceries and didn't feel like going anywhere. However it was still absolutely wonderful, and I'd make it again in a heartbeat. I put my chicken over brown rice, and it was a delicious, healthy and gluten-free dinner.

Blackberry Chicken!!!

2 comments:

Mojo Jojo said...

Hmmm...looks interesting. I'd try it, but I might have to bribe the gf with something in order for her to try it. She hates blueberries. :(

Catastrophe Waitress said...

Well it's a good thing it was blackberries then and not blueberries. LOL