Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gluten Free Banana Coconut Wonderloaf

OK, so I wasn't quite sure what to call this besides absolutely delicious! This is something everyone will love. No one would ever know it was gluten free, especially with the yummy texture of corn meal and coconut. Mm, I can hardly wait to have another piece.

As they would say on Yo Gabba Gabba... Try it! You'll like it!

Haha, I've lost my mind. But this stuff really is good.

GF Banana Coconut Wonderloaf


Note: This recipe yields 2 loaves.

1 cup Corn Meal
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/5 tsp Baking Soda
1/5 cup white sugar
1/5 cup brown sugar
2 cups shredded dried unsweetened coconut
3 mashed bananas
1 cup milk
1/5 cup water
1 egg
1 egg white
2 tbsp butter

Mix all the dry ingredients first. Then mix in the wet ingredients. When everything is mixed thoroughly pour into two greased or sprayed loaf pans and bake @ 350 until the top looks dried, and the knife test comes out clean.

Let this cool well before serving. It's very moist and if you don't let it cool it will fall apart.

I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did. We love it for breakfast, a snack or dessert. It would be wonderful with vanilla ice cream and some caramel drizzled over it.

Easy, inexpensive, and I didn't have to go to the store to get any of the ingredients to make this tasty treat. Who could ask for more?

No comments: