Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gluten-Free Apple Cinammon Muffins



After tasting a couple of very bad gluten-free breads I was very nervous about making muffins. But I have heard so many great things about Pamela's Baking Mix, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm so glad I did, becuase they turned out great!

Here's my recipe, adapted from the recipe on the back of the Pamela's Baking Mix bag.

Apple Cinammon Muffins
Yeilds one dozen muffins

2 1/2 cups Pamela's Baking Mix
1/2 cup apple juice
1 tsp cinammon
1/2 cup sugar for mix
1/4 cup sugar for topping
2 eggs
3 large apples, peeled and chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray. Mix all ingredients. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. Sprinkle sugar on top of the muffins before baking. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.

Voila!!! Perfection! These are light and fluffy, and just wonderful!

I hope you enjoy them as much as my family did!

No comments: